December 20, 2012

"Perish Together as Fools" - Season 04, Episode 03

- by Karen


PC Joe Penhale's brother, Sam, is visiting Portwenn. He's a painter... amongst other things. He's been contracted to paint the surgery and it's a good thing. Before painting (the wallpaper?) he starts off with an animated portrait of Pauline on the main wall in the surgery (c'mon, who in Portwenn wouldn't love to see that every time they come to the surgery?!) Anyway, Sam needs a little examination as the Doc suspects that something's off. This, of course, has PC Joe concerned since whatever his brother has might be genetic.. and Joe, well, he might die. Someday.


Pauline and Al keep getting their wires crossed and Pauline wants more... excitement, romance, and nothing same-y. Thanks to her private conversation with Bert, Al knows all and tries to fulfill her wishes. She's not happy about the changes and decides she wants Al back the way he was. Thankfully, because he doesn't seem to be doing too well with the changes.


Louisa decides to try to get her house back from its current tenant, thanks to Auntie Joan, so she sets the wheels in motion to get out of the pub-life. Things shift gears as she gets concerned about the baby. She hasn't felt him/her move in a while so Martin gives her a quick examination. Reassuringly, he hears the baby's heartbeat for the first time and you can see in his face that he is very much pleased about this baby coming into his life. 


But there's someone else (I'll give you two guesses and the first one doesn't count) who seems to be quite ticked off about this whole situation and takes pleasure in the constant belittling of the romance that happened between Louisa and Martin. The green-eyed monster rears its ugly head... and the redhead ain't afraid to use it!

Kippers, paint crack, special relationships, and half-naked Joe hugging the Doc... this crazy train is on the track with no signs of stopping. They'll Perish Together as Fools, no doubt. Enjoy!





If you'd like to comment on the podcast, please join us over on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/RockTheDocPodcast/


On mobile devices you may need to use this link: 
SOUNDCLOUD: https://soundcloud.com/rockthedocpodcast/sets

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/rock-the-doc-podcast/id1168213835?mt=2

2 comments:

  1. I just had, HAD, to laugh at the whole bit when Linda G. was talking about being from Indiana, and that it looks great in the rear view mirror. I, too, am from Indiana, and I love to visit, and I love to leave it again. However, now I live in Nebraska, and my own personal state motto is "Nebraska: its really not any better."

    I'm so glad I survived the Mayan Apocalypse to listen to this. What a great episode. I always kind of wondered if Joe and Sam were actually brothers. I thought they kind of looked alike, but mostly that they sounded alike. But I really felt for poor Joe in this episode because I know what its like to idolize your big brother and then suddenly have the rose-colored glasses snatched away.

    Anyway, keep up the good work. Keep those f-bombs coming, Linda G., I crack up whenever you let one drop every time.

    Cheers!
    Merry

    P.S. Didn't you just want to smack Edith through this whole episode. It would be out of character, I"m sure, but it would also be so funny to see Louise get all in her face and be like "Back off, b**ch, he's my man!" But maybe that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God, Merry.. your comment made me laugh out loud! Love your Nebraska motto. I guess IN and NE can exchange these mottos at any time. ha!

      I swear I had no idea those two were brothers until LindaG said it.. so you guys are way more tuned in than I am. I guess we all have that moment when realize that someone we've looked up to is human. Changes everything.

      And I'd like Auntie 'Jill' to have a crack at Edith, too.
      Thanks for the comment and for the laugh today. Loved it!
      Have a great weekend, Merry!
      Karen

      Delete