October 11, 2012

Special: "On the Edge - Part Deux"

- by Karen Haviley

Oh boy... Al has a big question for Pauline. And the question includes a small box he places in front of her during their romantic candlelight... luncheon.


Meanwhile...
Louisa finally gets the truth out of Terry and she feels humiliated that she’s been defending him all these years to her friends. She asks him to leave town immediately. But not before stopping to pick up Jonathan.. unsuccessfully.

The Doc’s review in front of the board doesn’t go very well which makes Louisa fear that he doesn’t care if he leaves Portwenn... or her. Which is precisely what she tells him.

Just when things seem to be calming down, Jonathan shows up demanding Louisa call her father back to town. They have business to take care of. And Jonathan hasn’t been taking his meds. So you can’t quite tell if he’ll actually use that knife he’s wielding around at everyone in the surgery or if he's just goofing around.

But our courageous Doc makes several attempts to overtake the hostage situation. 
‘Attempts’ is the operative word here, of course.

And we find out in the end that all of this commotion, including the baker’s bacterial infection, is related to a few extremely rare birds that have decided to nest on the cliffs near Portwenn -- whose eggs are worth a fortune.

Who gets to the eggs first? Did Jonathan finally find that damn microchip? Is there a candlestick maker in town? Who is leaving Portwenn? Did the Doc successfully throw a plugged-in lamp at Jonathan to divert his attention and rescue the group?

Ahh... the answers to these very exciting events and more await you in this fine conclusion to... On the Edge...









TRIVIA QUESTION: Where is Al supposed to meet the Spanish troller to pick up the package?

If you'd like to comment on the podcast, please join us over on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/RockTheDocPodcast/



On mobile devices you may need to use this link: 
SOUNDCLOUD: https://soundcloud.com/rockthedocpodcast/sets

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/rock-the-doc-podcast/id1168213835?mt=2

10 comments:

  1. Karen and I talked last month about Al’s house. I was surprised to see Al and Pauline in the “fixer upper” in this episode because when Al gets back from the camping trip, Bert tells him, “You may have to stay with me for awhile.” I thought, Oh no! I was sure that Bert had burned down Al’s house while fiddling with the “electrics.” It’s amazing too that Doc and Stuart made it out of the woods alive. I mean, it was looking like that darn trap was going to kill both of them, hah!

    Linda mentioned that Louisa lived in a bunch of different places. In On the Edge, I just assumed at first that we were seeing the back door of the White Rose Cottage when Terry was leaving. After I thought about it, though, the back of that house opens to the bay. Unless it was the side of WRC, Linda may be right, how many houses does Louisa have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeff!
    You are so right and I think I mentioned your email about that in this podcast, too. I thought Al's new place was in a later season for some reason, so it was cool to see it. Imagine living in that place with those views! I wonder if it was even in Port Isaac.
    LindaG and I have a good laugh about all of Louisa's houses. This might be one for our "Questions to ask Martin Clunes when we meet him" list.
    Thanks for listening and for your comments!
    Have a great Friday!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I was absolutely tickled pink by the shout out you guys gave me in this latest podcast! It really made my day so thank you! Aaaaaand, as requested, here is the link for where I found the delightful jammie dodger lip balm. http://www.etsy.com/listing/103796128/jammie-dodgers-lip-balm-doctor-who-dalek
    I have to say that you guys always blow me away with all the little details that you pick up on that either I completely miss or that just don't register with me. After each podcast I always have to go back and re-watch that episode to catch everything you referenced. Not that I need an excuse to watch more Doc Martin, but at least then I can kind of justify to those around me by saying its for research purposes :). For instance, I'll need to go back to see if I can pick up the answer to the trivia question.
    Just like Linda G., I think every episode is my favorite. I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Series 3.
    Cheers!
    Merry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the details are planted to peak our interest. And it works! They not only refer back to previous episodes but they forshadow events in the future. I let Karen and Linda know that I saw a theme that keeps popping up in the series but will share it when that podcast comes up. It has to do with when Edith first shows up.

      Delete
    2. Hi Merry!
      Thanks for the link to the Jammie Dodger Lip Balm... what a RIOT! I'm going to have to get some just to see it for myself. If you try it, PLEASE post about it!
      So glad you're loving the episodes! I'm with you, who needs a reason to watch more Doc Martin. It's the perfect escape when you need it, right?
      Have a great weekend, Merry!
      Karen

      Hey Jeff!
      Can't wait to hear about the theme you find running through the episodes. I bet LindaG is already trying to figure it out. ha!
      Have a great weekend!
      Karen

      Delete
  4. Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that I watch Doc Martin on our PBS affiliate NET TV here in Omaha, Nebraska. Cheers! Merry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! We'll have to give them a shout out on the next podcast.
      We love PBS!
      Thanks, Merry!
      Karen

      Delete
  5. I heard "On the Edge" was made at a time when they couldn't get the entire cast together. The production quality is poor so I was what wondering if you gals heard any tidbits about that. Did they have trouble getting all the technicians back for this episode as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for mentioning me on your podcast and for providing the link to the new Lucy Punch project. I think Ben and Kate is a pretty cute show so far. I especially like the part where he trying to turn the station wagon around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still here, and still way behind, but still enjoying your podcasts.

    Btw, when Terry Glasson referred to Joan to Louisa, he did use a "C" word, but it wasn't what you thought. It was "cow".

    Are you curious like me about what exactly Doc said to Louisa after the meeting with Gavin? She told him it almost seemed that he wanted to be sent away and then said she wanted him to stay. He said, "Louisa", in that special voice, and then suddenly we're on the other side of the door with Pauline, wanting to listen in. He talks calmly and quietly to Louisa, we can tell that, but we can't hear what he says. Dang!

    ReplyDelete